Thursday, October 6, 2011

I like birthdays, just not age...

Today I turned nineteen. That's right, the big one nine...it's not so big really...right? But seriously guys, why do we have to get older??
A certain scripture comes to mind, I normally use it to chastise myself when I'm not diligent in my Bible studies, but this time it's a bit different.

1 Corinthians 13:11.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Oh, growing up isn't so bad, it's not so bad at all...especially when you consider the next verse.

1Corinthians 13:12
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

One day I'm going to know fully, and it won't be a day on earth, but boy am I looking forward to it. So in the end, is age really a bad thing?

xoxo...Jaimie

0 comments:

Post a Comment