Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Alissah 1

     Dear Alissah,
     How are you today? I saw you a few "bits" ago and it was very nice. I always think it's nice. Right now I'm watching something on Boyle (like Boyle's law) he is wearing a terribly fake wig. I like that word "terribly". I also like "persnickety" and "brooke" they make me laugh.
     I don't think you're sleeping now, you're probably listening to music or just being cool. It really isn't late and my mom is still gone from dropping ya'll off so you could be doing anything.
     With every word I write I fight the urge to turn this into something dramatic instead of a "letter" to you. I so desperately want to devise some abstract plot and put you in the middle of it, but I won't. I think it's because I was working on one of my novels when I remember I had to write you, the creative juices are flowing!
     My mom just got home, the dog is barking.
     I think that daytime has it's merits too, but tonight the sky is amazing. It's crystal clear and expansive. Every star is emphasized and featured, they're tempting me saying "go on Jaimie, try and count us!" and I refuse to give in. I stared at the for a long time tonight.
     I had a fun time tonight with all of you, but someone left a book - from the library I think - "The Forest of Hands and Teeth". I haven't read it, but I've looked at it once or twice. Recently I haven't been into the pop-culture fantasy teen drabble cliché. Not saying that this is a cliché, but I think it will turn out to be one, that's just judging a book by it's cover though...literally. The cover is not impressive.
     Recently I've been reading Rudyard Kipling's "Puck of Pook's Hill," it's a fantastical retelling of some of England's early history and it is excellent. At the beginning of each chapter it has poems from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and folk poems, I forgot what you call them.
     I've also been reading Elizabeth Elliot's "A Chance To Die" about Amy Carmichael. It's written a lot like Adoniram Judson (have I told you about Adoniram Judson?) but not as boring. Adoniram took foooorever to get interesting, and so many of his wives and children died it was really depressing!
     Anyways, it's a good book.
     I've just written another sentence on my novel. I'm so many of them, you know? I suppose most people don't write as much as I do, but I dearly love it. I know I could go on without writing, but it would be so hard, I would be depressed for a year and then I would read my Bible and get on with life, but every time I see a pen or pencil I would beg in my heart to be allowed to write.
     I don't really know why I'm not allowed in the above paragraph, but that is the case none-the-less.
     Well, the computer is about to die, so goodbye!

   Love you!
     Jaimie

P.S. Normally I would go and reread this to check for mistakes, but, like I said, the computer is dying.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a creative person, Jaimie. Even when you're blabbering on about books, a barking dog and your "terribly brown hair"! I love you very much. And the note you wrote in my iPod.

    I send you ten thousand happy faces!

    ReplyDelete